Robert Modica, a founding partner of Coffey Modica O’Meara Capowski and managing partner of the firm’s Long Island office, has built a reputation for successfully defending cases involving professional liability, cybersecurity, technology, media, commercial litigation, and construction/construction defect litigation. Robert represents a broad range of clients including directors and officers of both small and large businesses, attorneys, architects, engineers, accountants, brokers, manufacturers and distributors. He also represents businesses’ legal disputes involving intellectual property rights; shareholder derivative claims; and technology-based claims arising out of data, privacy, and cybersecurity breaches.
Robert serves as lead trial counsel and has experience conducting mediations and arbitrations, as well as arguing motions and appeals. He counsels clients in all phases of the litigation process and has an exceptional record of achieving positive legal outcomes on behalf of his clients.
Robert is a frequent contributor to continuing legal education programs for the New York State Bar Association and frequently is invited by local and national professional organizations to present lectures on topical issues in his practice areas and the art of conducting depositions. He also leads seminars on legal matters of concern to insurance and self-insured organizations.
- New Jersey
- New York
United States Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Northern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Western District of New York
Memberships & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Intern, Honorable David R. Homer, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- Albany Law School, JD
- Dean’s List
- National Appellate Advocacy Team Member Moot Court Board
- State University of New York at Albany, BS
- Varsity Football Team