Our firm is a collective of amazing people striving to resolve our clients' cases with efficient cost-effective resolutions.
Coffey Modica O’Meara Capowski is a fast-growing regional law firm focused on insurance defense in six offices in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. We are a cutting-edge law firm recently featured in Law360 and noted for our “Google-like Culture,” including an industry-leading benefits package, perks (401k match, family leave, paid parking), and flexible work from home potential. We are a firm in growth mode, and we are looking for attorneys interested in growing with us. We offer an exciting opportunity to be part of a vibrant and supportive, family-friendly team.
General Liability Defense Associates
· These positions are in our White Plains, Long Island, and Buffalo offices
· Admitted to practice in New York
Coffey Modica O’Meara Capowski LLP is hiring several associates with 1-4 years’ experience in General liability and coverage, including defense of New York Labor Law, property damage, premises liability and construction defect or medical malpractice litigation and nursing home experience.
Candidates must be admitted in either New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. This is also a position that will allow for second chair trial experience with some of the best ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates) trial attorneys in the United States, on some of the largest litigated matters currently ongoing in the country
· Superior communication, writing, research, and time management skills
· Ability to independently handle and manage, with Partner oversight, all phases of litigation.
· Draft motions, discovery demands and responses
· Handle court appearances and depositions
· Communicate with clients and provide status reports
. Potential to work on complex trial teams and participate in trial preparation and second chair opportunities
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· Life and disability insurance
· 401(k) plan and match
· Generous family leave program
· Billable hour bonus program
. Paid parking
Coffey Modica O’Meara Capowski LLP values diversity and recognizes that it is an essential component of our culture and is an excellent benefit to our clients. We appreciate the role of having a diverse workforce contributes to both our success and the world at large. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
· Coffey Modica O’Meara Capowski is not accepting resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.